My favorite books of 2016

Hello lovelies,

welcome back to my blog and happy new year to you!

As the title suggested I will tell you a bit about my favorite books of 2016.

As you might know I really struggeled with reading for a long, long time. Not only because I was in a reading slump or couldn't focuse for a long time ( and reading takes up a long time, when done right) but also I couldn't find books that sounded interesting to me.

I read a lot of classics when I was a kid and teen and somehow one can't always read thriller, can you?
But last year I found a few books and I do hope my reading experience will continue for I missed it so, so much.



Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling and John Tiffany

I wasn't aware of the fact that there will be an 8th Harry Potter book but bookstagram showed me that there was one. Other then other people I really liked the book. Maybe it was my theatre trained brain that finds it alright to read or maybe I just wanted to be entertained and not over analyze everything in it. I know it has it's flaws but all in all it was a good and fast read. And an interesting ending on Harry Potter.



Nevernight  by Jay Kristoff 

One of the books of 2016 that just blew me away. Its story, the setting and the amazing badass female lead are just captivating. I saw the cover floating around Instagram and got curious and boy this book doesn't disappoint. I am looking forward to September when the second installment will be published. 



Minusgefühle by Jana Seelig

One book I had to have, because I followed her on Twitter was 'Minusgefühle'. Roughly translated to 'negative emotions'. The author is known in Germany through the use of the hashtag #notjustsad which is used now for all kinds of mental health issues but primarly for depression. Suffering from depression myself I was curious about her view and experiences on that matter. Jana writes very open and honest about her battle but she always makes sure that the reader knows that her depression is a part of her but doesn't define her. After all it is a very good read and for someone who is interested in knowing more about depression it is a good solid choice.


Cinder / The Lunar - Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

Stumbled about the first book via its gorgeous cover I had to buy it and very fast had to buy all the books in this installment. Roughly said these books are retellings of your favorite fairytales with a scifi twist. There is a central theme through all books but every individual one focuses on a fairytale. The story is fast written and the characters are really loveable and sometimes really funny. ´This series is one of my mostly recommended series in the last year.



The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Also one of the books I stumbled upon, it was clear that this one and the following in this series had to be a part of my favs for 2016. I haven't finished the series yet, but I love Stiefvaters writing style. It needs some time to get into the story but its magical theme will captivate you. I really like, that Stiefvater twisted some things and that magic seems to be a large part in this series. 



This Savage Song by V.E.Schwab



My first book by her and it didn't disappoint. I read it on my kindle because I wanted to read something but doesn't want to put on the light. The story is amazing, the characters very likeable and I can't wait for the second book.



Vicious by V.E.Schwab

After I finished This Savage Song I started Vicious and this also didn't disappoint. I loved the story equally like I enjoyed TSS. Also the characters and story are also amazing. I find the idea that good and bad is merged into grey very interesting and I think that is a recurring theme with Schwabs books. But I don't know for sure - I had to read her other books to verify that thesis.
 

The Walking Dead Vol. 19 March to War by Robert Kirkman

I started reading TWD along time ago and hadn't had the time nor the funds to get more graphic novels for my kindle. Finally I was able to put my finger on Vol. 19. Like with the other editions I really like the style. I can't wait to see what is coming next to Rick and his group. Even more so the books are different from the well known tv show. Although the show starts to pick up a few things from the books. Which I like. 

I hope you have a wonderful day. 

Take care,
Amanda

Comments

Popular Posts