january wrap up

Hello Lovelies,

today I want to talk to you about my little January wrap-up. I read in total 5 books. All are parts of series. 

I started Die Seiten der Welt series by Kai Meyer back in december and wasn't so sure about it in the beginning. The story surely toke its time and usually I read really fast in german but not here which nearly led me to not finish the first book. But a friend of mine is a huge fan of said series and I thought I give a try. By the end of book one I was hooked and I was really, really glad to see that both following books were avaiable in my local library. All in all I liked the story very much. It surely is a book for booklovers and comparable with Walter Moers. Although Die Seiten der Welt are not as fantastic as Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher.

In January I started the Grisha - Series by Leigh Bardugo and I must admit I was a bit reserved about this series. Fellow booklovers do like this series and the companion crow series, which I still have to read, and so I also gave this series a try. Needless to say, that it got me hooked. I like the style, the world, the mystic and the Darkling and honestly I ship him and our heroine Alina. At least he does understand her and doesn't want to change her. But his motifs are to be doubted. At the moment I am reading book number 3 Ruin and Rising and I can honestly say I like this series. I like it that much, that I want it in book form. Annotations aren't fun when you use a Kindle. As much as I love my Kindle. Also I will buy Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom. Just to see what Leigh Bardugo did this time :)

My last book Ich bin die Nacht is the beginning of a trilogy by Ethan Cross. I saw it at a friend of mine and heard a lot about it so I borrowed it. It is a well written Thriller with a somewhat conspiracy / secret society thing going on. It was an easy and entertaining read and I am looking forward to the other two books. 

I hope you liked my little review and if you like you can comment. I would love to hear your opinion.

Take care,
Amanda




Comments

Popular Posts