My Summer TBR - #SubDenSommer

Hello Lovelies,




as I mentioned in my previous post I want to do a challenge I found via Twitter. I scrolled though my Twitter feed and someone mentioned this challenge called #SubDenSommer (kind of tbr of summer) but, this tbr is combined with tasks. If you want to know more you can have a look at inkofbooks.com. She and another blogger came up with the idea. 

Within 6 weeks from 01.07.2017 - 20.08.2017 you could try to fullfill all tasks. But honestly just read as many books as you can.

I will now show you my picks and the belonging tasks:

  1. Read the book which is on your tbr for the longest time- honestly I have no idea which book this might be, so I settle for Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
  2. read the thickest book on your tbr - I gues that is Die Medici by James Cleugh
  3. begin or end the series which is on your tbr for far too long - I start with a series because I will end The Ravenboys circle for sure. So it is  Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
  4. read a book debut - this one was easy Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday
  5. Let others decide what to read next (ie Twitter Poll) - I have to figure Twitter Polls out but will try this one :)
  6. Read the book which belongs to that one genre you are generally not reading - I guess I can skip this one because I do read very various genres
  7. read a book witha female main character - That will be Die Allt├Ągliche Physik des Ungl├╝cks by Marisha Pessl. It is also a very thick book as well.
  8. Read a book with a male main character - I will stick to my trusty thriller here and chose Ich bin der Zorn by Ethan Cross. oh, this one also belongs to a series
  9. Read a book you will write a review - I try to review all the books I read and this one will be no exception. And I think a bit of LGBTQ isn't bad either: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
  10. Read a typical summer book - not sure, if this one is a light, fluffy summer read but Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell are on my tbr for way to long and I love Rainbow Rowells writing style. 
  11. Read a book with summer colours on the cover - hah, water colours are summer colours right? We were Liars by E. Lockhart it is then.
  12. Read a book which wasn't published in 2017 - Marrow by Tarry Fisher was published in 2015.
  13. Read a book set in a foreign contry - honestly most books are set in a foreign country so I go with Das Seelenhaus by Hannah Kent which takes place in Iceland.
  14. Read a book which was recommended to you - I hardly get any recommendations these days. Everyone is too afraid I might have read it already, but someone recommended We should all be feminists by Chimananda Ngozi Adichie to me and I am so curious about this book!
  15. don't buy any books! At All! - HMPF! 
Well, let's see how many books I can tackle within six weeks. I will report back.

Do you like these kinds of challenges? Do you have a summer tbr? How is it structured? Or isn't it structured at all? I'd like to know.

Take care,
Amanda

Comments

Popular Posts